Sunday, February 19, 2012

I am mildly obsessed with Pinterest.   The first step is to admit your problem right?   I am not just a pin it and forget it type of girl.   I have actually done a few of the ideas/projects that I have found on the site.  In fact, it has actually helped me plan a dinner party for my cook club and a baby shower for my best friend. 

One thing you should know about me is that while I enjoy a clean organized house, a wonderfully prepared meal, and all things gorgeous...  my skills are lacking.  I am pretty sure I am a rich socialite trapped in a small town girl's body.    So hosting the monthly cook club meeting for the first time at my house caused me to have a mild nervous breakdown and call in the help of the big guns.  My Mom and Step-Dad. 


I wonder if they like their Grandkids much??



They drove to my house which is 30 minutes away from their house twice to help me fix a couple of things around the house, made some food for me, brought decorations, and even brought me up their dinning room chairs so I would have a place for all the women to sit.  Pretty cool people hugh?  My mom even made two recipes for me to share with the girls. 

Back to Pinterest Kate!  Stop bragging about your awesome parents.  Sorry.  Anyway.

 The theme was a Mexican Fiesta.  I made a crockpot chicken taco recipe that I learned about from pinterest and this blog. Chicken Tacos
It was delicious!   I also made a wine spritzer type cocktail which I found here...   Wine Spritzer   

The other cute idea I discovered was framing a piece of scrapbook paper and using a dry erase marker to write out the menu on the glass and labeling the wine.    I had a couple of helpers that rocked it that night as well.  Big thanks to Jan and Amanda for the cooking, cleaning, and bartending. 

Here is what I learned from my first Cook Group meeting:
  1.  It is a lot of work.  2. I have more fun when I do not have to do a lot of work.  3. I am not as inept at the entertaining thing as I used to be.  4. I still need my parents to help me.

I am very excited about all the cute stuff we are planning for the baby shower.  I will of course share them here and yes most of the ideas I learned about from other bloggers on Pinterest.    Time for me to go now... a certain web site is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment